19 April 2006

Ciao

Taking a break from the blogosphere
by Phil Johnson

Mt. EtnaThat's what Mt. Etna looks like during an eruption.

Next week I'm teaching an intensive, week-long course in systematic theology to a group of Protestant pastors in Sicily, in a training center located at the foot of Mt. Etna. This will be the first of a three-part series that will take me to Sicily for a week during each of the next three years.

So anyway, I have a lot to do to pack and get ready, and when I get back, I still have a book manuscript to deliver to the publisher. So I am liable to be totally absent from the blogosphere for the next month to six weeks.

The other Pyros will have to keep the blog alive. I'll read, and maybe comment, as time permits. But I don't expect to post very regularly again until June 1.

Enjoy the "Together for the Gospel" conference. I wish I could be there. I'll keep up with things by reading Challies, though. I'll see you in a few weeks.

By the way, today is a good day for me to retire. Dan Phillips's last post not only became the first PyroManiacs post to go into triple digits on the comment-count; it also broke the record from my previous blog, held, I believe, by the first post I ever made there, almost a year ago.

We'll see if I can stir that kind of reader feedback again in a few weeks. See you then. Behave yourselves. Pyrodudes: keep the place tidy.

Phil's signature

8 comments:

Gordon said...

Have a nice trip. I'm sure the food will be great.

DJP said...

...today is a good day for me to retire....

Don't be scaring folks like that so early in the morning, bro.

Brad Williams said...

I don't know what blew my mind worse: the fact that Phil mentioned "retire" or that there are protestants in Italy.

Nephos said...

A training center for the ministry at the foot of an active volcano! How perfect is that?

Hope your trip goes well.

Patagonia Mike said...

Hey what better setting for a Pyromaniac than Mt.Etna? Enjoy.

Craig Schwarze said...

Many blessings Phil

marc said...

Speaking of Pteradactyls...

Carla Rolfe said...

Marc... lol. I sorta doubt the rest of the Pyro team would let any Pteradactyls in while Phil's gone.

Nope, that was a 1 time deal, and still makes me laugh when I think of it. :o)


SDG...