Howdy, gang. You'll recall we had fun picking the cover for the (then-future) book; now, I'm soliciting your input and help (respectively) for two more projects related to The World-Tilting Gospel. First...
(or: Help Me Help You)
A number of you have commented and emailed and Tweeted, asking for a Study Guide for The World-Tilting Gospel. You asked, so you shall receive, DV: I plan to get to work on one.
Since I want to meet your needs the best I can, I'm soliciting your input. So tell me, you who want a Study Guide for TWTG, any and all of the following:
- What features are you most looking for?
- What are examples of the best study guides you've used? What makes them great?
- What are examples of the worst study guides you've used? (No need to name them, I'm not wanting to rip on anyone.) What causeth them to stinketh?
- How do you plan to use it?
- Do you prefer a book with blank lines, blank spaces, or neither (i.e. just write in a separate book)?
- The World-Tilting Gospel is being read with profit by folks literally from eight to eighty-eight, from all levels of education. That being the case, it is conceivable (but not guaranteed) that I might prepare different study guides for different groups. Would you make any particular use of any particular focus?
And finally, at no extra cost:
Every bit of feedback I've received from folks who don't already have issues with the Gospel has been positive, humbling, encouraging. You see in this book an accessible celebration of the glorious Gospel of Christ in its components, its sweep, and its implications. You've said that it's understandable, without any dumbing-down. You want to see pastors and churches use it, you want to see your friends and family read it.
Your encouragement means more to me than I can express. Thank you.
You've used your blogs, your Twitter account; you've bought copies for friends, pastors, teachers, relatives. A pastor bought a box of a hundred copies to give to every family in his church, present and future. Others are using it for studies, or planning to do so. A father was reading through it with his teenage son; another reader's eighty-eight year old mother is reading it, and re-reading it.
All this, and the book's only been out for about four months!
You who've written and encouraged me live in America, Canada, England, Honduras, Scotland, Australia, South Africa... and I apologize if I've forgotten anyone! The book has endorsements from PhD's like Lig Duncan, Jim Hamilton, Rob Plummer... and it's been reviewed by an eight-year-old! Those reading and reviewing and recommending include sisters here, sisters there, sisters somewhere, brothers who are pastors, brothers who aren't, Jay Adams — all sorts.
It's amazing and humbling to me and again, from the bottom of my heart, I thank you.
God grant that others see what you see, or that they listen to you when you tell them; may God use this book to His glory, to lift up Christ's name, to edify His church, and to make His Gospel clear and compelling to those He whose world He has yet to tilt.
Thanks! Fun times!